Kiran Rampurkar, Nikhil Lavande, Santosh Shilgire and Sayali N. Mane
Sayali N. Mane
Dept. of ECE, D Y Patil College of Engineering, Akurdi, India
Mobile Ad Hoc Network or MANET is basically a popular wireless mobile network, containing multiple nodes without any central hub or administration connecting between them. As nodes are mobile and dynamic topology, routing becomes important aspect in MANET. Routing mainly concentrates on searching the propagation link between source and destination. For node mobility in MANETs, it is quite simple link breakages or moving, hence routing becomes the crucial in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. To find such proper link, various routing protocols are available. Mainly there are three types of routing protocols Reactive, Proactive and Hybrid also consider for analysis purpose. There are many performance metrics to check for the pros and cons of each routing protocols such as packet delivery ratio (PDR), average delay end to end delay, routing overhead, throughput etc. are also discussed here.
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, Network protocol, Packet delivery ratio, Performance analysis of the routing protocol, Routing protocols analysis, Wireless networking.
Kiran Rampurkar, Nikhil Lavande, Santosh Shilgire and Sayali N. Mane, “Study of Routing Overhead and its Protocols,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 52-55, 2017. https://ijoaem.org/0020205-2
- V. Khiavi, S. Jamali and S.J. Gudakahriz, “Performance Comparison Of AODV, DSDV, DSR and TORA Routing Protocols in MANETs”,International Research Journal of applied And Basic Sciences vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 1429-1436, 2012.
- Prabu and A. Subramani, “Performance Comparison of Routing Protocols in MANET”,International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 2, no. 9, 2012.
- K. Gulati and K.Kumar “Performance Comparison of Mobile Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols,” International journal of Computer Networks & Communications vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 127-142, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5121/ijcnc.2014.6211
- Pandey and A. Swaroop, “A Comprehensive Performance Analysis of Proactive, Reactive and Hybrid MANETs Routing Protocols,” International Journal of Computer Science Issues, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 432-411, 2011.
- S. Dhenakaran and A. Parvathavarthini, “An Overview of Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network” , International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 251-259, 2013.
- R. Devi, “Implementation of Dynamic Source Routing (DSR) In Mobile Ad Hoc Network Manet” , International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 339-345, 2013.https://doi.org/10.15623/ijret.2013.0211053
- Z. Wang and X. Zhang “Improvement of AODV Routing Protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc network,” Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 333-336, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3724/sp.j.1087.2010.00333
- L. Raja and S. S. Baboo, “Comparative study of reactive routing protocol (AODV, DSR, ABR and TORA) in MANET,” International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 707-718, 2013.
- A. Bhangu, N. Kaur, “An Efficient OLSR and TORA Routing Protocols for MANETs”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 5, no. 7, 2015.
- R. Sharma, R. Sindhu, “Study of TORA FOR Mobile Ad-hoc Network,” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 4902-4905, 2014.
- A. Makkar, B. Bhushan and S. Taneja, ” Behavioral Study of Manet Routing Protocols,” International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 210-216, 2011.