Dept. of ECE, National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh, India
In this paper, a simple approach for detection of adjacent minterms and minimization technique is proposed. The proposed method factorized each minterms and ‘don’t –care’
conditions into a group of maximum three inputs variables and these groups of minterms further coupled as per laws of simplification. The entire detection procedure is described here by mix binary–octal representations. A chart proposed in this paper for easy detection of adjacent minterms with fewer numbers of comparisons and can use for any number of variables. Logic adjacency property is played a significant role for logic circuit simplification. This novel method reduces the complexity of two-level simplification procedure. This paper also represents the performance of octal minterms based combinational circuit minimization technique in comparison with other traditional methods. The paper deals with a method based on representing minterms in the octal system that can be better suited for the manual method of logic minimization and hence may be worth considering.
Algorithm for digital circuit simplification, Boolean function simplification, Combinational logic minimization, Binary coded octal minterms, Octal minterms
Sahadev Roy, “Switching Circuits Simplifications Using Binary Coded Octal Minterms,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 45-51, 2017. https://ijoaem.org/00202-04
- Roy and C.T. Bhunia, “On Synthesis of Combinational Logic Circuits,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol.127, no.1, pp.21-26, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2015906311
- Roy and C.T. Bhunia, 2014, “Minimization Algorithm for Multiple Input to Two Input Variables,” Proc. Int. IEEE Conf. on Control, Instrumentation Energy and Communication,CIEC14, pp. 555-557. https://doi.org/10.1109/ciec.2014.6959150
- Roy and C.T. Bhunia, “Constraints Analysis for Minimization of Multiple Inputs Logic Programming,” Proc. of Int. Elsevier Conf. on Signal and Speech Processing, ICSSP-14, pp. 61-64, 2014.
- E. Shannon, “A Symbolic Analysis of Relay and Switching Circuits,” Trans. of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers,vol.57, no.12, pp.713-723, 1938. https://doi.org/10.1109/ee.1938.6431064
- W. Veitch, “A Chart Method for Simplifying Truth Functions,” Proc. of the 1952 ACM national meeting, pp.127-133, 1952. https://doi.org/10.1145/609784.609801
- Karnaugh,“The Map Method For Synthesis of Combinational Logic Circuits,” Trans. of the Communication and Electronics, American Inst. of Electrical Engineers, Part I, vol.72, no.5, pp.593-599, 1953.https://doi.org/10.1109/tce.1953.6371932
- V. Quine, “The Problem of Simplifying Truth Functions,” Amer. Math. Monthly, vol.59, no.8, pp. 521-531, 1952. https://doi.org/10.2307/2308219
- S. Roy, “An Efficient Technique For Switching Functions Simplification,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 21-28, 2017. https://ijoaem.org/00201-9
- J. Hong, R.G. Cain and D.L. Ostapko, “MINI: A Heuristic Approach for Logic Minimization,” IBM J. of Res. & Dev., pp.443-458, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1147/rd.185.0443
- Hlavicka and P. Fišer, “ BOOM – A Heuristic Boolean Minimizer,” Computers and Informatics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 19-51, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/iccad.2001.968667
- Chakrabarty and S.R. Das, “Test-Set Embedding Based on Width Compression for Mixed-Mode BIST,” IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 671-678, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/19.850413
- Roh, “Virtual Ground Monitoring for High Fault Coverage of Linear Analog Circuits,” J. of Semiconductor Technology and Science, vol.2 no.3 pp.226-232, 2002.
- R. Saha, V. Nandi, S. Roy and C.T. Bhunia, “Design and Verifications of Efficient Arbiter of SoC’s On-Chip Bus,” Proc. 3rd Int. IEEE Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS), Paper No. 685, 2016.
- S. Roy, R. Saha and C.T. Bhunia, “Multiple Inputs Combinational Logic Minimization by Minterms Set,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Cognizance in Wireless Communication & Image Processing, pp. 133-140, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-81-322-2638-3_15
- Y. Omura, “A New Basic Element for Neural Logic Functions and Capability in Circuit Applications,” J. of Semiconductor Technology and Science, vol. 2 no.1, pp.70-81, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118487914.ch17
- R. Serrell, “Elements of Boolean Algebra for the Study of Information-Handling Systems.” Proceedings of the IRE, vol.41, no.10, pp.1366-1380, 1953. https://doi.org/10.1109/jrproc.1953.274313
- S. R. Das, “An approach for simplifying switching functions by utilizing the cover table representation,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 3, pp. 355-359, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1109/t-c.1971.223244
- S. Roy, “Breakup Algorithm for Switching Circuit Simplifications,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, vol. 1, no. 1, pp.1-11, 2016. https://ijoaem.org/001-2