Dept. of Management & Humatics, NIT Arunachal Pradesh, India
Dept. of ECE, NIT Arunachal Pradesh, Yupia, 791112, India
In this paper, we discuss the reprisal importance of customization of Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP. Few important decision-making factors of the ERP are also discussed here. Software customization process briefly describes here for standard ERP design. Different difficulties in ERP are analysis here. Implementation life cycle of ERP is an important consideration which also discussed here. The organization is expected to build a culture of learning within the organization. Strong sense of belonging must be there among the employees which are the key factor of successful implementation.
Application specific software; Database management; Dedicated software; Difficulties in decision-making; Enterprise resource planning; Implementation life cycle of ERP; Multisite issues resolved; Software customization.
Momin Mukherjee and Sahadev Roy, “On Successful Implementation of ERP Software,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 28a-28c, 2017.
- Mukherjee, K. (2016). The Psychology of the Successful Entrepreneur. International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, 1(1), 25-32.
- Mukherjee, M. (2017). Entrepreneurial Judgment and Analysis for Successful Strategy Implementation. International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, 2(1),1-8.
- Loh, T. C., & Koh, S. C. L. (2004). Critical elements for a successful enterprise resource planning implementation in small-and medium-sized enterprises. International Journal of Production Research, 42(17), 3433-3455.
- Ramesh, G. (2010). The ACE of soft skills: Attitude, communication and etiquette for success. Pearson Education India.
- Bernroider, E., & Koch, S. (2001). ERP selection process in midsize and large organizations. Business Process Management Journal, 7(3), 251-257.
- Day, G. S. (1994). The capabilities of market-driven organizations. The Journal of Marketing, 37-52.
- Law, C. C., Chen, C. C., & Wu, B. J. (2010). Managing the full ERP life-cycle: Considerations of maintenance and support requirements and IT governance practice as integral elements of the formula for successful ERP adoption. Computers in Industry, 61(3), 297-308.
- Peters, L., & Saidin, H. (2000). IT and the mass customization of services: the challenge of implementation. International Journal of Information Management, 20(2), 103-119.
- Leseure, M. J., & Brookes, N. J. (2004). Knowledge management benchmarks for project management. Journal of knowledge management, 8(1), 103-116.
- Bacharach, S. B. (1989). Organizational theories: Some criteria for evaluation. Academy of management review, 14(4), 496-515.
- Eppinger, S. D., Whitney, D. E., Smith, R. P., & Gebala, D. A. (1994). A model-based method for organizing tasks in product development. Research in engineering design, 6(1), 1-13.
- Umble, E. J., Haft, R. R., & Umble, M. M. (2003). Enterprise resource planning: Implementation procedures and critical success factors. European journal of operational research, 146(2), 241-257.
- Dowlatshahi*, S. (2005). Strategic success factors in enterprise resource-planning design and implementation: a case-study approach. International journal of production research, 43(18), 3745-3771.
- Bonner, J. M., Ruekert, R. W., & Walker, O. C. (2002). Upper management control of new product development projects and project performance. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 19(3), 233-245.