Vinod Sukhadeve and Sahadev Roy
NIT Yupia, Arunachal Pradesh, India
(1) e-mail: email@example.com
The paper presents the design of agriculture farm especially for the plane region which can well utilized by the farmer to sort out the scarcity of water for crop growth. The farmers are subjected with the lots of problem in agriculture like improper irrigation, selection of crops, nonavailability of weather information according to their region, the problem from pest and wild animals. Due to these problems, the suicidal case of farmers gets increase day by day. These problems can be sorted out by using IoT. Here we use Arduino Yun having inbuilt Wi-Fi to transfer and analyze data using any IoT platform likes Kaa IoT, Watson IoT, and Cayenne. We can use different IoT communication technology like Z-wave, 6LowPAN, Thread, Sigfox, and Neul to communicate various sensors to the external world according to the application. Here we simulate the design of entire sensor network used in this project using NetSim simulator and emulator software. After emulation of designed network design by taking 50 m as field size, we obtained various graphs which show throughput of each link from sensor node up to the monitoring base station, graphs of various parameter like packet transfer, collided packets, payload and overhead transmitted and battery consumed by each sensor for specified duration. Also, farmers are able to grow a health hazard free crop for the upcoming generation.
Internet of things(IoT);
Vinod Sukhadeve and Sahadev Roy “Advance Agro Farm Design With Smart Farming, Irrigation And Rain Water Harvesting Using Internet of Things,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.33-45, 2016. https://ijoaem.org/000-5
- D. Bandyopadhyay and S. Jaydip, “Internet of things: Applications and Challenges in Technology and Standardization,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 49-69, 2011.
- R. v. d. Meulen. [Online]. Available: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3165317. [Accessed 15 12 2016].
- D. ELLIOT, “http://www.cbsnews.com/,” [Online]. Available: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/less-rainfall-not-the-only-risk-factor-in-widespread-drought-study-shows/. [Accessed 03 10 2016].
- [Online]. Available: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardYun. [Accessed 14 december 2016].
- R. F. a. D. C. Sukun kim, “Reliable Transfer on Wireless Sensor Network,” in First Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference, SECON 2004, 2004.
- R. v. d. Meulen, November 2015. [Online]. Available: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3165317.
- Friedman, K. A. Roy and Y. Krivolapov, “On Power and Throughput Tradeoffs of WiFii and Bluetooth in Smart Phones,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1363-1376, 2013.
- P. Kinney, “Zigbee technology: Wireless control that simply works,” in Communications Design Conference, 2003.
- Z. P. Liao, H. L. Wong, B. P. Yang and Y. F. Yuan, “A Transmitting Boundary for Transient Wave Analysis,” Scientia Sinica, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1063-1076, 1984.
- I. K. Samaras, G. D. Hassapis and J. V. Gialelis, “A Modified DPWS Protocol Stack for 6LoWPAN-Based Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 209-221, 2013.
- “http://www.tetcos.com/,” Tetcos. [Online]. [Accessed 11 2016].
- S. Kim, R. Fonseca and D. Culler, “Reliable Transfer on Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Sensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, 2004. IEEE SECON 2004. First Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference, 10.1109/SAHCN.2004.1381947.